Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Brother

Dear Luke,

See this look in my eyes? That’s me already loving you. Right now you’re a whopping one and a half months old, and yet I already see the making of one killer best friend. All wrapped up in a cute little boy colored jumper that probably has buttons on the bottom so Mom can take it off and throw away your poop. You love it when she does this, but I don’t like watching her do that very much. It’s yucky

I imagine that I’ll hate you sometimes. Maybe you’ll make annoying noises when you eat. Maybe you’ll mess with my half of the room. Maybe you’ll even learn to ride a bike before me (You little stinker). 

Stop looking so intimidated though, seriously. I know I probably push you around a little too much, and get unreasonably frustrated when you mess with my things, but I’ll get better I swear. I bet someday I’ll leave for college and miss you the second I walk out the door. 

Luke, I’m your sister. This fact alone means that you’re clearly destined for great things. I mean, It’s quite apparent that you already share my good looks. I’m sure you’ll take after me in other ways as well. Honestly though, you are truly destined for great things Luke. I know it now, and I’ll know it in 16 years. I can’t wait to see where you take yourself.

To be honest bro, I’m having a hard time writing this letter to you. I guess it could be the fact that I’m two years old and my vocabulary is hardly diverse. It could be the fact I don’t yet know how to spell. It could also be the fact that no matter how much or how hard I try to encompass how I feel about you at this point, I’ll never be able to type it in solid words. 

This kind of thing would be better said in a hug (even though you’re awful at those) or a smile. I guess at this point it’s good enough for me to look at you like this in an attempt to confide in you how much promise I know that we have together.

Eventually I’ll be able to put it in to words, how much I love you. Or maybe I won’t have to… Maybe you’ll just understand. 

Love forever and always,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment